The Lake Percy Project consists of two Exploration Licences and four exploration licence applications in the South-Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia, located 60km east of Mt Holland/Earl Grey mining project.
- The Lake Percy Project covers the northern extension of the Lake Johnston greenstone belt and is prospective for nickel and lithium.
- Spodumene bearing pegmatites identified 20km south at Mt Day prospect and more recent lithium discoveries at Medcalf (ASX:CHR) and Burmeister (ASX:TG6).
- Geochemical analysis on existing trench and drill spoils indicates positive fractionation trends for LCT mineralisation.
- High MgO ultramafic is positive for hosting nickel mineralisation with Maggie Hays and Emily Ann nickel mines within 30km.
- Access from Perth is via the Brookton Highway from Perth east to Hyden and then via the Hyden-Norseman Road. Alternatively, access is via the sealed Great Eastern Highway to Southern Cross then south via the Marvel Loch-Forrestania Road until the road intersects the Hyden Norseman Road.
Dynamic Exploration in 2023
- Eight nickel targets generated from historic data
- First drill program designed to acquire complete geochemical dataset of fresh rock
- 102-hole program complete in April 2023 for 6,372m
- Highlights from drilling
- 16m @ 1.11% Ni and 645ppm Cu
- 46m @ 0.7% Ni including 10m @ 1.14% Ni
- Fresh rock nickel sulphide with PGEs intercepted in DYR065
- Follow up RC drilling commenced November 2023